If an informed refusal of care (against medical advice discharge) is being requested/executed by the resident or family, and there is concern for the welfare, safety or care of the resident, follow state laws for reporting to Adult Protective Services.

• Adult Protective Services North Dakota –
• Adult Protective Services Minnesota – http://dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&dDocName=id_005710
• Adult Protective Services South Dakota –